Trash and recycling collection is one of the valuable community services provided by the Castle Pines Homes Association and is paid for out of the monthly maintenance assessments. The following information details the policies and procedures for the trash and recycling collection program within the Village. If you have questions or need more information please contact the CPHA office.
Waste Management is the contracted service provider for all trash and recycling collection within the Village. WM's customer service number is 303-797-1600.
Trash Collection Policy
- Pickups are twice a week and are scheduled for either Mondays & Thursdays OR Tuesdays and Fridays, depending upon where you live. See the link above for the split pick up schedule
- Garbage toters and cans of any kind are not permitted in the Village.
- Garbage must be put out in plastic garbage bags. Please do not use the white kitchen garbage bags as they are extremely vulnerable to birds and other wildlife. The CPHA recommends using the contractor type, black garbage bags with a rating of 2 mil or greater thickness.
- Bags can be placed outside no earlier than 5 am on the day of pickup. Trash may not be put out the night before. Please have your garbage and recycling out no later than 7 am as the WM trucks are in the Village picking up garbage promptly at 7 am.
- WM will pick up a maximum of 10 garbage bags per residence. If you have large items to dispose of, moving boxes or crates, or more than 10 garbage bags please contact WM customer service at 303.797.1600 to schedule a special pick up as they will not pick up these items without prior arrangement and there may be a fee associated.
- Recycling containers are available at the CPHA office. Residents may check out a maximum of two containers, free of charge. Visit the front reception to sign them out. See the link above for more recycling info
- Garbage bags and recycling containers are to be placed at the end of your driveway near the roadway. For residences on common roadways please make sure to place garbage bags several feet back from the roadway during heavy snow days so that the snow plows can navigate the streets successfully.
- WM will take branches and limbs as long as they are cut into sections 4’ long or less and tied into bundles. They will not pick up loose piles of branches. The Metro District has an annual "brush clean up" event where they will pick up bundled tree branches at no cost. The Village is split into different areas by dates for pickup - for more information call the Metro District at 303-688-8330.
What To Do with Landscape & Construction Waste
Landscape materials that are put out as trash for Waste Management may only be placed on the curb on the day of pickup and no earlier than 5am. You may place these items next to your house until pickup day, but you may receive a notice of violation and fine if you put them out on the curb before then. Please note that WM will pick up a maximum of 10 bags per home at one time. Please contact WM at 303.797.1600 if you need to request a special pickup. Visit the CPV website for more information about WM’s trash service in the Village. Thank you for helping us to keep our community beautiful!